We’re coming up on being half-way through our weekend game dev party and I’m glad to say that we have a lot to show for it. You’ve probably already seen some of the artwork Ryan has created in his last post and I’ve made huge progress with the UI. If things keep going this way we’ll be done with this game in no time!
I’ll try to touch on some of the stuff I’ve worked on during the past day. All of the UI elements besides the achievement/insult bar are up and running. I spent a good amount of time coding debugging the animations for the timer and multiplier bars to make sure that they’d work on different size screens. I got pretty lucky on this one because the animations ran fine on my phone, but I tried running the game on a 320×240 screen to test for another issue and discovered they weren’t running properly there. Thankfully it didn’t take very long for me to figure out what the issue was. (Designing for different size screens is pretty much the most difficult thing about working with the Android platform)